Monday, February 9, 2015

Trees are coming together

    The forest scene is the one I left to the end to work on, because there are too many uncertain and experiments. It was a long process to plan how to fabricate the tree into the way I want it looks like.
I started with cutting base pieces for the tree so I can put T-nuts on for the tie down. I glued poster tube with the base I made and add detail of the tree roots by craft wire mesh.
  
I only make half the tree so the it still looks fine in the camera but saved a lot work load.
This one specifically will be the tree which cat will interact with, so I left some room on the right side of the tree for cat to stand. 
After finish the detail with wire mesh, I put some hard material on the surface to enhance the shape.

Tree bark is so fun and so hard to do. Wrinkled fabric looks exactly like natural tree bark. However, it is pretty difficult to glue the fabric onto the poster tube while not changing the nice wrinkle of it. In the end, most wrinkles on the finished tree was shaped one by one...


No comments:

Post a Comment