Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Slow leaves...

    I am not planning have leaves visible in the framing because that would be too much work and not worth it. I made only tree trunks and some small plants that would grow out on the tree trunk and bottom of the tree.
    For the tree top, I am still trying to figure out what would be a good way to create the shady look around the tree. I can carve black foam board or glue leaf shapes onto wire mesh, but I cannot ensure the final result.
    Things are slowing down here and I am feeling hitting on a wall and struggling on finding my way out. At this point, I am behind the schedule about 4 days already when I still have not everything ready to go.

This the final result of the tree trunk.

          Last night                                           Second time coloring
    These are the leaves I made and colored last night. It looks good before they totally dry out during the night. This morning when I see those leaves, I was about to scream...The color all run away from the center of the leaf and gather only on the edge with ugly pale area because of how the water evaporated. I decided to re-color them one more time and this time they are much darker when they are wet. I hope they can be the right brightness this time after they dry up.
    When time passed by, I began to get worried again, because the color are still super dark even though the leaves are almost dry. I guess I have to try to wash off some color this time and hope the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment